Who are we?DOTE has been developed by the BigSoftVideo team in the Video Research Lab (VILA) in the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities at Aalborg University. Members of the team include researchers in the fields of video-based qualitative research, computer-supported cooperative learning and ethnomethodological conversation analysis (EMCA). They work in harmony with software developers to craft software tools to support immersive qualitative analytics.
The researchers in the team position themselves in the BIG VIDEO programme within the Immersive Digital Humanities. This term is used to suggest an alternative to the hype that focuses solely on quantitative big data analytics. The aim is to develop an enhanced infrastructure for qualitative video analysis with innovation in four key areas:
- digital video capture, storage, archiving and access;
- visualisation, transformation and presentation, eg. 360mash and BreachingVR;
- collaboration and sharing, eg. CAVA360VR;
- and qualitative tools to support analysis, eg. DOTE, AVA360VR and SQUIVE.
The DOTE dream teamMembers of the DOTE software development team include:
- Paul McIlvenny (Designer/Documentation/Video tutorials)
- Jacob Davidsen (Co-designer/Production/Video tutorials/Social media)
- Alexander Stein (Developer 2022-)
- Jonas Noermark (Student assistant 2022 - UI and license manager/webshop)
- Artúr Barnabás Kovács (Developer 2020-2021)